The 65th Southwestern Petroleum Short Course is scheduled for April 18-19, 2018,
at Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, Lubbock, TX.
Wednesday and Thursday, April 18-19, 2018
· The SWPSC Conference will include over 40 papers/presentations on artificial lift, drilling and well completion, production handling, stimulation and workover, reservoir operations and environmental issues. Topics will be presented by industry representatives from many companies throughout the industry. A program with a complete listing of titles, authors, and abstracts will be available at www.swpshortcourse.org .
· The 2018 SWPSC exhibits will be located in the Exhibit Hall where registrants can browse through them at their convenience. The buffet luncheons on Wednesday and Thursday will also be held in the Exhibit Hall for greater exhibit exposure. Door Prizes will be given away each day of the conference. You must be present to win! For more information on exhibiting, please call the SWPSC Office at 806/834-7937.
Monday, April 16, 2018
· Fundamentals of Sucker Rod Lift
· Root Cause Failure Analysis
· Managing Chemicals (2-day School)
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
· More Secrets for Maximizing Profits Pumping Sucker Rod Lifted Wells
· ESP Teardown and Root Cause Failure Analysis
· Gas Lift
Exhibitor information can be found at www.swpshortcourse.org or by calling 806-834-7937.
10X10 Exhibit Space (includes pipe and drape, skirted table, two chairs and registration for 2 company personnel)
Several sponsorship options are available. To find out more about sponsorships, call 806-834-7937.
2018 Program Chairman
Lance Vasicek, email@example.com
2018 General Chairman
Mark Foster, Mark_Foster@oxy.com
Call for Abstracts
This conference is devoted to practical production problems and techniques for greater efficiency and profit. The Program Committee solicits abstracts for high quality papers dealing with oil and gas production operations. Proposed topics are listed here but not limited to the following subjects.
Sucker Rod Pump
Electric Submersible Pump
Progressive Cavity Pump
Well Completion and Stimulation
Perforating Techniques & Fluids
Cementing & Cement Evaluation
Coil Tubing Applications
Post Treatment Evaluation
Scale and Paraffin Treatments
Wellbore Departure Systems
Pressure Transient Analysis
Power Management and Electrical Infrastructure
Ethics in Engineering
Consideration will be given to papers not specifically covered by the suggested topics. Papers should stress practicality and contain case histories where possible and must be generic-not advertising products or services. Online Submission may be made by using his web site: www.swpshortcourse.org or by returning this form completed.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE – Due November 30, 2017
PAPER DEADLINE – Due February 28, 2018
2018 CONFERENCE, APRIL 18-19
LUBBOCK MEMORIAL CIVIC CENTER - LUBBOCK, TX
Please return the completed Abstract Form to the SWPSC office at the address at the bottom of this page by November 30, 2017. Completed papers are due in the SWPSC office by February 28, 2018.
Category (please circle): Artificial Lift Production Handling Reservoir Operations Well Completions Stimulation Drilling Operations General Interest Other
Paper Title: ____________________________________________________________________
Corresponding Author: __________________________________________________________
Phone: __________________________ Fax: ___________________________
Authors/Companies (in order they will appear on completed paper):
Has presentation or publication of this material been made previously? ______Yes _____No
*Where and when? __________________________________________________________
*If paper has been published or presented for SPE, author must obtain permission from SPE to have the paper re-printed by the Southwestern Petroleum Short Course.
Will your company allow you to present and publish all the information described in your abstract?
Please provide a brief abstract in space provided in paragraph form.
(Please keep the abstract to150 words or less)
Deadline for Abstract Submission: November 30, 2017
Online Submission: www.swpshortcourse.org
Telephone: 806/834-7937 Fax: 806/742-3502